We are recruiting now!
Do you want to be part of something BIGGER?
We are recruiting now for part-time 15-hour PEO vacancies in Falmouth and Truro stations. To apply, click the button below.
We also have further part-time 27.5 and 18.5-hour and full-time vacancies in Torquay. To apply please click button below
Police Enquiry Officer
To find out more about the role of a Police Enquiry Officer, please expand the tabs below.
- Be the first point of contact for reported crimes and incidents of a policing nature coming to the front offices and via 101 and other non-urgent means,
- Provide an initial response to a wide range of enquiries from the public and other agencies, which may include offering advice, information and guidance on legislation, policing responsibilities, and police complaints and, where appropriate and necessary, ‘signposting’ to partner agencies,
- Receive and record information appropriately and accurately,
- Deal supportively and reassuringly with witnesses, victims, and the general public escalating to other police resources where appropriate.
- Help members of the public across a broad range of policing related enquiries. From time to time, this will include disturbing reports and material due to the nature of policing. However you will receive training and support to manage such enquiries. The purpose of policing is to safeguard the public, help detect and prevent crime and the PEO is a vital part of these core principles.
As a PEO you will deal with a broad range of policing related enquiries. From time to time, this will include disturbing reports and material due to the nature of policing. The purpose of policing is to safeguard the public, help detect and prevent crime and the PEO is a vital part of these core principles. On top of this we are looking for the following:
- Proven customer focus approach.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience of dealing with conflict.
- Ability to work under challenging and difficult circumstances.
- Effective team working skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word with the ability to use multiple bespoke IT systems (or similar).
- Full driving licence, unless prevented by reason of disability.
- A completive salary with yearly increments. £21,837 to £24,156 per annum, pro rata for part time workers.
- Plus, Weekend Working Allowance. Amount varies depending on shift pattern worked.
- 24 days a year leave entitlement, with an increase to 30 days after 5 years continuous employment, plus bank holidays, pro rata for part time workers.
- Sick pay allowance, variable in accordance with length of service.
- Local government pension scheme.
- Supportive training and mentoring, including with IT and systems.
- Access to the Blue Light Card Scheme for discounts and services.
- Access to Group insurance scheme (via salary sacrifice scheme).
- Support networks, free Employees Assistance Programme, including for immediate family, and Occupational Health and wellbeing services.
- Continuing Professional Development.
- Making a difference within your community.
Shift pattern for each Police Enquiry Office varies. Please see individual vacancy adverts for further details
A workforce that reflects our communities
Our ability to build trust, understand problems and support our communities across a range of policing matters, relies on us having a workforce that is reflective of our communities and all the unique individuals that exist within them. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity within our workforce and to eliminating discrimination.
We are very keen to encourage applications from those that have never considered policing as a career. Representation within our workforce from black and minority ethnic communities and females is currently much lower than we want it to be; by improving this we will be better able to serve our local communities and our work place will benefit from all the differences in thinking, points of view, and approaches that diversity brings.
In order to achieve this we are proud to pursue a policy of ‘positive action’.
For further information and to register for this scheme please click the button below.