Looking to return to us?
Are you looking to rejoin the Police?
This is an opportunity for individuals who have previously served with Dorset Police, or any other home office force, to re-join as a police officer at the rank of Constable.
FAQ's & Eligibility
A rejoiner must not be a member of a police force immediately before appointment.
- Once we have received your application form, we will consider current and anticipated vacancies, and advise on possible timescales.
- If you pass initial eligibility checks, you’ll be invited to attend an assessment day which includes a fitness test and interview.
- If successful at the assessment day, a training needs analysis (TNA) will be undertaken to identify the appropriate entry route and level of training required.
- A conditional offer will be issued for a provisional start date.
- Carry out pre-requisites, i.e. vetting, references, and medical suitability.
- Formal offer of appointment.
- Re-start your career as a Police Officer!
We’ll send you an application pack within 7 days for completion.
Positive ActionWe welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and aim to build our workforce to reflect the diversity and complexity of the communities we serve. We particularly encourage applications form the following identified under-represented groups and communities to join our family:
Young People, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, People with Disabilities, Women and LGBTQ+ communities.
If you are thinking of applying and Positive Action is something that would help, please click the button below.